- This event has passed.
Webinar – Protect Your Shore Community
April 20, 2020 @ 1:00 pm - 2:00 pm
One event on April 20, 2020 at 6:00 pm
One event on April 30, 2020 at 6:00 pm
Protect your community during storm events by promoting natural dune development.
This free webinar explains how the Pinelands Preservation Alliance and Raritan Valley Community College have helped coastal communities implement an affordable approach to shoreline management.
Webinar will be held:
- April 20th at 1 pm
- April 20th at 6 pm
- April 30th at 1 pm
If your town or privately-owned beach does not have a plant protection strips, the Pinelands Preservation Alliance and Raritan Valley Community College would like to partner with you and your town to help manage your beach in a proactive and eco-friendly manner. All public and private entities in Monmouth, Ocean, Atlantic, and Cape May Counties are eligible for this free management opportunity.
PPA and RVCC will:
- Install temporary fencing and signage in late April/early May
- Provide maintenance throughout the summer
- Takedown temporary fencing in the Fall
- Provide Educational outreach to your communities on the importance of these practices in the form of news articles, letters, pamphlets, and presentation.
- Monitor/collect data to document the effectiveness of the fencing at stimulating the growth of vegetation and/or sediment accretion
For more information on how to get your community involved please contact Ryan Rebozo, Ph.D. Director of Conservation Science for the Pinelands Preservation Alliance at 609-859-8860 x126 or by email – Ryan@pinelandsalliance.org.