- This event has passed.
Native Plant Sale
April 23, 2022 @ 9:00 am – 12:00 pm
Get wild with native plants this spring! Native plants are great for your yard and for wildlife, but they can be hard to find. We can help. Find plants native to the Pine Barrens and South Jersey at our spring native plant sale.
Visit our gift shop, take a tour of the Rancocas Creek Farm, stop by tables hosted by local organizations, and learn more about actions you can take to protect the Pinelands.
Schedule of events:
- Gift Shop Open from 9 AM – 12 PM
- Tour of Rancocas Creek Farm led by Jeff, the RCF Manager at 10 AM
- Rancocas Creek Farm
- Rancocas Creek Farm (RCF) is a project launched by the PPA in 2020 on the 72-acre property that adjoins PPA headquarters in Southampton. RCF has a mission to grow chemical-free food, regenerate the land, promote environmental stewardship, and much more! Learn more about Community Supported Agriculture (CSA) and how you can be involved here.
- Landscape Makeover Table
- This table with showcase the work PPA has done as part of our South Jersey Landscape Makeover and Burlington County Landscape Makeover programs funded in part by the National Fish and Wildlife Foundation and the William Penn Foundation, as well as our residential rain garden rebate program. Information on all the programs will be available at the table, including details on eligibility, scope of projects, and photos of past projects! Come by and see if you are eligible to take part in one of these programs and receive a rebate or even a free rain garden installation.
- New Jersey Audubon (Kristin Hock)
- Kristin Hock is the Habitat Outreach Coordinator for New Jersey Audubon, a statewide environmental non-profit focused on habitat preservation and connecting people with nature. Combining her years working as a wildlife biologist, organic vegetable farmer, and environmental educator, Kristin now teaches NJ residents how to Garden for Wildlife™. Gardeners can get their outdoor space recognized as a Certified Wildlife Habitat® by offering food, water, cover, and a place to raise young. During PPA’s native plant sale on Saturday, Kristin will teach visitors why it is important to plant natives, how to attract pollinators and songbirds, and how to be responsible stewards of the land where we live, learn, play, work and worship. For more information click here.
More organizations to be listed!
This sale will be held in-person and outside at our offices located 17 Pemberton Rd, Southampton, NJ 08088. Get directions here.