- This event has passed.
Life Science Field Training Institute
June 24 @ 8:00 am - June 27 @ 5:00 pm$50
Educators are invited attend this multi-day field science experience to strengthen your field-based investigations and improve student performance. Participants are eligible for 35 professional development credits and 3 graduate credits through Rutgers University but are responsible for paying Rutgers for the cost per credit.
Registration is $50 which will be refunded after successful completion of the course.
Program highlights include:
- Canoe trip and investigation of aquatic habitats of the NJ Pinelands
- Transects and vegetation analysis
- Biodiversity and community ecology
- Species area curves and population dynamics
- Tour of the Rutgers University Pinelands Field Station
- Merging field exercises with service projects
The Bonazzi Foundation for the Promotion of Science Education supports this educational program.